Some notes for the route :
Get to Tuni Condoriri village
I didn't have extra days left for the jungle tour in Bolivia after La Paz, otherwise it could make a great experience, jungle tour in Bolivia is relatively cheaper than other Amazon countries (not much deep jungle though). Anyways, I still had few days I could play with after La Paz, so I was checking the map and found out a lot of mountains near La Paz. Tuni lake is between La Paz and Lake Titikaka and the scenery seems nice as well, so it was a great place for a short stopover.
- There are different tour companies doing this tour. They ask 56- 70 dollar for a day trip from La Paz, but it's also doable by yourself and you can stay longer in the area than the day trip.
- To get to Tuni village, first try to get to a village called Patamanta, you can take buses that go to Lake Titicaca or Uber it, it costs less than 10 euro from La Paz.
- From the Patamanta, it is still more than 20 km to the lake, the road is unpaved and there is very little traffic, a guy from Tuni village called Rorelio and Rorelio's brother Edgar offer basic accommodation and taxi to reach the village.
- Rorelio charged around 23 Euro in total for the stay, some food and the transfer. You can ask them for guide if you decide to do multiple day trekking, there is also donkey possible to carry your luggage. Contact him but expect to wait a couple of hours as in Tuni itself there is no mobile signal.
road from La Paz to Patamanta, or Copacabana
unpaved road from Patamanta to Tuni
Trek: Tuni Condoriri to Chiar Khota lake
Tuni village and the area around was so tranquil. There was basically nothing going on and it doesn't have any mobile signal. But you can always play with dozens of alpacas and llamas in the village. They are super cute. It was a special trip I did, even though I got a bit sick of the high altitude.
- Bringing some instant noodle could be a better idea, as the ingredient to cook in the area is limited to some eggs, tomatos, and some pasta/rice, which is difficult to cook through at elevation of 3500 meter.
- From Tuni village, you can walk to Tuni lake in a few minutes. For further trekking, a return trek to Chiar Khota lake takes around 5-6 hours.
- From the main street near Patamanta, you can stop a collectivo to Copacabana easily. Rorelio is super friendly and he helped to stop the right collectivo before saying goodbye.
Copacabana, Lake Titikaka
My flight to Lima, the last destination was from Julliaca, Peruvian side of Lake Titikaka. So first I stayed a couple of nights in Copacabana, then off across the border to Puno, from where the Julliaca airport can be easily reached. With the EU residence I can enter Peru with 30-day visa exemption. Border crossing went smoothly.
- Any agency in Copa sells tickets for buses to Puno and it costs about 30 bob, so about 4 Euro. But if you want to leave any time or early morning when there's no bus yet, take a taxi to the border and cross the border yourself, take another colectivo to Puno.
- Puno is a nice town, in my opinion, nice than Copacabana. And there are more places and islands to see near this side of Lake Titikaka, while in Copa there's only Isla del Sol. Julliaca itself has nothing much, so I suggest to stay in Juno then take a collectivo to Julliaca airport.
- Peru is good in tourism. In Puno I found a tourist office in the main street, where I got help for the collectivo or taxi to the airport. The personnel is helpful and friendly there. In Rossi Tour office, you can book a collectivo to the airport and also leave your luggage there.
This is how a bus gets transferred in Lake Titikaka, interesting for me to see.
lovely houses in Copacabana
Isla del Sol
collectivo from the border to Puno
border of Peru
This is the end of Trip Report: from Buenos Aires to Lima.
About the Lima part, I've already written a post about it a few months ago, feel free to check it out.
行程分享：从布宜诺斯艾利斯到利马 （Part 4）
布宜诺斯艾利斯Buenos Aires 5晚 - 萨塔Salta 2晚 - Humahuaca 2晚 - 边界La Quiaca/Villazon (border) 1晚 - 乌尤尼Uyuni 3晚 - Oruro 1晚 - Patacamaya (transit) - Sajama National Park ① ② 3晚 - Patacamaya (transit) - 拉帕斯La Paz 4晚 - Tuni Condoriri 1晚 - 科帕卡瓦纳Copacabana 2晚 - Juliaca airport - 利马Lima 4晚
- 在拉巴斯有不同的旅游公司可以day trip去Tuni，大概56-70美元，但也是自己单独去，这样时间安排比较自由，Tuni在拉巴斯和的的喀喀湖中间，也不用走回头路。
- 从Tuni村，可以在几分钟内步行到Tuni湖。如需进一步徒步，去雪山湖Chiar Khota，大约需要5-6小时。
- 我觉得普诺是比Copacabana好一些，食物多，这一侧也有更多的岛屿靠近可看，而在Copa那边则只有太阳岛，淡季太阳岛有很大一部分不对外开放。 Julliaca城市没什么可看，去哪里就为了搭飞机去最后一站利马。
- 秘鲁比较是旅游国家，在旅游方面很好。在普诺的主要街道上有一个游客中心，里面的人员非常友好。告诉我在Rossi Tour的办公室，可以预订去机场的小巴，并将行李留在那里，很方便